There’s nothing like a freshly baked muffin studded with berries. Perfect for teatime or breakfast, these blueberry muffins are simply scrumptious.
The coconut flour, eggs, and arrowroot starch work together to create a crumb that is light and fluffy, yet still substantial.
Desert Farms Camel Milk has a mild flavor that complements the berries, and the coconut oil helps keep the crumb moist. And of course, sweet blueberries are the crowning touch for this recipe. You’d never know from taste or texture that these muffins are gluten-free, grain-free, and high in protein.
It’s best to bake the muffins until they are nicely golden brown to make sure they cook through, especially if you use frozen blueberries.
If you do use frozen blueberries, don’t thaw them before adding them to the batter, and make sure to fold them in carefully without overmixing. You can also substitute a different kind of berry or fruit if you like.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup organic brown sugar or maple sugar
- ¼ cup camel milk
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat to 375° and grease a standard-sized, 8-muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, and organic brown sugar or maple sugar.
- Add the camel milk and mix well.
- Stir in arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer to the prepared muffin pan and bake for 20–25 minutes until top is golden.