There’s nothing quite like a Starbucks Chai Latte… until you realize the Grande has 42g of sugar. Pre-prepared beverages can be a refined sugar trap, with the popular chai latte adding about 10 cubes of unnecessary sugar.
We have a secret -– you can still indulge while enjoying all the same flavors in a much healthier way.
The basic ingredients used to form chai blends are very good for you. There’s blood-sugar controlling cinnamon, digestive-helping cardamom, antioxidant-rich ginger, and anti-inflammatory cloves. A mixture of spices with many more benefits than letters in their names.
When a cup of coffee just won’t do it or when you fancy a healthy after-dinner treat, this warming and comforting camel milk chai latte is just what you’re looking for.
Camel Milk Chai Latte
- 2 cups Desert Farms Camel Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Measure your dry ground spices and combine into a lidded tub.
- Place the lid onto your tub and shake well to create your chai spice blend.
- Add a small amount of camel milk to the chai blend and stir well to create a smooth paste.
- In the meantime, have your camel milk heating. When warm, add in your chai blend paste, stirring well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir.
- Heat till just below boiling point and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Add half a teaspoon of honey to taste.
- Put your feet up and enjoy!
Tip: If you love this camel milk chai latte as much as we do, you can create a pre-mix of the dry ingredients by multiplying the above measures. Instead of re-weighing several times over, you’ll now have a pre-prepared, homemade chai latte blend.