Two superfoods meet in this Camel Milk Matcha Latte recipe to provide the perfect pick-me-up that’s loaded with antioxidants, amino acids, and energizing vitamins and minerals. While it’s known that matcha green tea is particularly high in antioxidants and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), the primary compound that gives green tea its health benefits, some sources say matcha provides nearly 140 times the amount of antioxidants per cup than regular green tea.
But why camel milk?
You can think of camel milk as the “matcha” of the milk world. It provides greater health benefits than cow milk, goat milk, and some nondairy milk alternatives, such as soy milk. Camel milk is rich in immune-boosting proteins called immunoglobulins and has been studied for its ability to balance blood sugar levels and provide antibacterial and antifungal properties. It’s also low in lactose, which is why it’s generally well tolerated by those who are sensitive to dairy.
What better way to kick-start your day than with this camel milk matcha latte? Now, for the recipe.
Camel Milk Matcha Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp pure matcha powder (no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 cup camel milk
- Add boiling water to a mug or bowl. If using a matcha whisk (which is recommended to get a smoother consistency with the fine texture of the matcha powder, to avoid chunks), whisk matcha powder. Alternatively, you can also stir the matcha powder with a spoon.
- Warm camel milk in a small saucepan — but be careful not to boil it.
- Once warm, pour over top of matcha and stir. For a foamy consistency, you can use a handheld milk frother, or place the matcha and camel milk in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Equipment Needed: Hand held milk frother (optional), bamboo matcha whisk (optional)