This mushroom stroganoff is one of the best hearty comfort foods.
Made with chunky mushrooms and a creamy, smooth camel milk sauce, it is healthy, low in fat, and loaded with fiber and protein. The best part is, it is easy to make and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
Mushrooms are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and potassium. By mixing them into any dish, you are adding another serving of vegetables onto the plate without compromising the taste.
While the mushroom stroganoff is delicious served over pasta, there are so many healthy paleo options. Try serving it with cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or even baked sweet potatoes.
Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound closed cup mushroom, thickly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 cup camel milk
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes until onions are softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and stir occasionally until all the mushrooms are tender and browned. Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the vegetable stock and the tapioca flour. Stir until the flour is dissolved.
- Add the stock to the skillet, stir until slightly thickened, simmer for 4 minutes, then reduce the heat to low and add the camel milk. Stir until creamy.
- Remove from the heat and top with chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm.