Chia seed pudding is an incredibly fast recipe to prepare and makes it easy to get fiber and omega 3 essential fatty acids in your diet. Best of all, you can customize chia seed pudding with a twist on any flavors you’d like.
With this chia pudding recipe, we decided to enhance the nutritional content by soaking the chia seeds in nutrient-rich camel milk, and recreating the flavors of one of our favorite desserts: key lime pie.
If you haven’t added camel milk to your recipes before, it’s the most nutrient dense milk available to us today.
Loaded with immune-boosting proteins, vitamins, and minerals, camel milk is closest in composition to human breast milk, which provides the optimal macronutrient ratios we need for optimal health.
Camel milk is also naturally lower in lactose, which is why it’s generally tolerated much better than cow’s milk or goat milk.
Key Lime Pie Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup camel milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- Combine chia seeds and camel milk in a small glass container.
- Let soak in fridge for 6-8 hours, or until chia seeds reach a gel-like consistency.
- In your serving bowl (or glass), layer sliced bananas.
- Transfer the chia seed and camel juice mixture into your glass.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice and vanilla extract. Stir.
- Top with extra banana slices, shredded coconut and drizzle with coconut nectar.
Curious about the other ways you can add camel milk to your diet? Here’s how camel milk can enhance the nutritional value of your favorite recipes.