Tender, soft, and full of juicy berries, these sweet muffins are a healthy way to start your day.
I used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries in this recipe, but feel free to substitute your favorite fruits in place of mixed berries. Just make sure to use only fresh fruits, as the frozen ones release more moisture as they bake. Coat the berries in tapioca flour before adding to the batter to avoid berries sinking to the bottom.
The best part about this recipe is that it is a simple, super easy to make, and ready in under 30 minutes. Just mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another, mix together, then fold in the berries,
Try not to overmix the batter and stir until just combined.
Mixed Berry Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups ground almonds
- ½ cup tapioca flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml camel milk
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup mixed fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly spray muffin tin with coconut oil spray or line with baking liners.
- Grab a small bowl and coat the fresh berries in 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the ground almonds and ½ cup tapioca flour with baking soda.
- Use another bowl, whisk together eggs, camel milk, raw honey, coconut oil, and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture stir until just combined. Gently fold in the fresh berries.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.