Camel Milk Recipes: Paleo Vanilla Cake With Strawberries
Strawberry shortcake is a delicious and versatile summer or spring treat. This version has a vanilla cake base rather than biscuits for a more dessert-like feel.
The cake is made with Desert Farms Camel Milk, which adds protein and a mild, sweet flavor. Eggs and coconut oil contribute healthy fats and make the dish fluffy and moist. A combination of coconut flour, almond flour, and arrowroot starch create the perfect light yet still slightly dense texture, very similar to pound cake.
Whipped coconut cream slightly sweetened and flavored with maple syrup and vanilla extract top the cake. And don’t forget lots of juicy and sweet fresh strawberries on top.
This creation’s base is made simply by creating a cake batter in one bowl. Eggs, maple syrup, camel milk, and coconut oil are the wet ingredients. The dry ingredients are an assortment of gluten-free, lower-carbohydrate flours.
It’s important to allow the cake to completely cool before topping it with whipped coconut cream and strawberries.
Coconut cream whips in very much the same way as dairy whipping cream, but it’s dairy-free. Be generous with the fresh strawberries for maximum deliciousness.
You could also top the cake with other berries such as blackberries or blueberries.
Paleo Vanilla Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup camel milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9” round glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, camel milk, and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cool completely.
- Whisk together the coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Top cake with coconut cream.
- Arrange strawberries on top of the cake.