Vibrant and flavorful, this Spanish gazpacho soup is the perfect refreshment on a warm summer afternoon.
This is an easy recipe that comes together in under 10 minutes and a quick spin in the food processor is all what it takes to transform fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, and spring onion into a silky, smooth soup. Camel milk adds extra creaminess and rich flavor to this Spanish classic.
For the best taste, only pick red, ripe tomatoes. Heirloom tomatoes are the best, as they have a sweeter taste.
Chilling the gazpacho in the fridge after preparation in a covered bowl or container for a few hours or overnight allows the flavors to develop nicely.
Tomato Gazpacho Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ripe red tomatoes, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 spring onion, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup camel milk
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and thinly chopped
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, and red bell pepper and spring onion, Place the chopped veggies in a bowl of food processor, blend until pureed and smooth.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil and camel milk. Process again until well blended.
- Transfer to an airtight container, refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- When chilled, give the soup a quick stir and pour into serving bowls, top with chopped green onion and serve.