Camel Milk Recipes: Warm Turmeric Ginger Elixir For Better Digestion
If you think back to when you’ve been bloated, constipated, or had to suffer through the burn of acid reflux, chances are, you also felt tired, grumpy and irritable.
In other words, when your digestion is off, you’re almost guaranteed to feel “off” too.
Your mood and energy levels are just one of the ways your gut influences your entire body and its overall state of health.
Your gut also determines your immune system health, as nearly 80% of immune system cells are found in your GI tract. Needless to say, foods that support digestive function and gut health should always be on your grocery list. This warming turmeric ginger elixir makes it easy and delicious to support digestive function and overall gut health.
Ginger and turmeric are natural anti-inflammatories that help soothe the GI tract and relieve symptoms such as bloating, while the addition of camel milk in this recipe adds a healthy dose of probiotics and immune boosting proteins called immunoglobulins, which help protect the gut lining from harmful pathogens.
Camel milk is also low in lactose, which means it’s less likely to cause digestive upset the way cow or goat milk can. Besides, the warming properties of ginger, black pepper, and turmeric, paired with the smooth, creamy texture of camel milk make the ultimate comforting drink recipe you’ll want to sip on every day.
Turmeric Ginger Elixir Recipe
- 1 cup Desert Farms Camel Milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Black pepper to taste
- Place camel milk in a saucepan and warm up on low heat (be sure not to boil it).
- Add turmeric powder, ginger, cinnamon, coconut nectar, vanilla and black pepper.
- Whisk all ingredients together, stirring occasionally.
- Once camel milk is warm (approximately 3-5 minutes) and ingredients are thoroughly combined, remove from heat.
- Optional to blend ingredients in a blender to create foam, or use a handheld milk frother.
- Pour into your favorite mug and garnish with an extra twist of cracked black pepper.
Curious about adding camel milk to your diet? Here’s how camel milk can instantly enhance the nutritional value of your favorite recipes.