The most powerful nutrients for beautifying your skin can be found in nature — which is why it’s no surprise that camel milk is appearing in several effective natural skin care products, from face washes to brightening serums.
Camel milk is extremely high in lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that acts a natural skin brightener and exfoliator to help reduce breakouts, fade dark spots and fight wrinkles. Camel milk also contains two essential nutrients for keeping your skin healthy, plump and youthful: vitamin C and elastin.
The good news is, you can soak up the beauty benefits of camel milk in the comfort of your own home by making this simple 3 ingredient camel milk face mask recipe. This recipe combines camel milk with diatomaceous earth, a chalky, silica-rich powder sourced from marine phytoplankton.
Silica is a mineral needed to promote collagen production, which makes diatomaceous earth an excellent skin “food” when applied topically (but you can eat it, too!). You can find diatomaceous earth in the supplements aisle of your local health food store, or online.
You can also add essential oils for extra skin health benefits, such as lavender, which helps soothe skin, or neroli which may fight acne-causing bacteria. When using essential oils, always make sure they’re safe to apply to your skin topically.
3-Ingredient Camel Milk Face Mask Recipe
- 1.5 tbsp diatomaceous earth
- 1 tsp camel milk
- 2 drops of your favorite essential oil (neroli or lavender work great)
- Combine all ingredients in a small dish, stirring until you reach a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- If you find the mixture too thick, you can add a few extra splashes of camel milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Apply to clean, freshly exfoliated skin (this will open up your pores and allow the ingredients to absorb better) and let dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
Since this face mask is 100% natural, you can apply it as often as you’d like to promote bright, smooth, silky skin!