Delicious and good for you, this cocoa camel milk porridge is packed with health benefits. It contains cholesterol-lowering oats, potassium-rich bananas, and camel milk full of probiotics.
The toppings can range from omega-3-rich chia seeds complemented by the antioxidative properties of cocoa nibs and pomegranate seeds.
Our cocoa camel milk porridge is here to prove that healthy breakfasts don’t have to be boring, but instead, flavorful, nutritious, and freshly made in just under 7 minutes. What are you waiting for?
Cocoa Camel Milk Porridge Recipe
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup camel milk
- ½ ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon honey (optional for sweetness)
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa nibs
- Combine steel cut oats with camel milk into a small to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat and stir until your porridge begins to simmer.
- Add in your mashed banana and continue to stir. The riper your banana, the sweeter your porridge.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, add honey and cocoa powder.
- Continue cooking until your porridge reaches a thick and creamy consistency.
- Serve with a garnish of cocoa nibs, pomegranate, and chia seeds.
Ingredient spotlight: A sprinkle of chia is the jewel of our cocoa camel milk porridge. Although extremely small, chia seeds are high in dietary fiber, omega-3s, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and protein. With abilities to balance your blood sugar levels, a sprinkle of chia seeds is the perfect way to help you feel fuller, longer.
The nutritional extras: Vegetarian, free from refined sugars, low in saturated fats, high in omega-3 and antioxidants.